Pork liver dog treats can be a nutritious addition to your dog’s diet in moderation. Pork liver dog treats are a good source of protein, iron, and other nutrients. However, it’s important to feed pork liver to your dog in moderation, as it is high in fat and calories. Limiting treats to no more than 10% of your dog’s daily calorie intake is generally recommended. If you are using pork liver as a treat, you should adjust the amount of your dog’s regular meals accordingly to prevent overfeeding. Pork liver dog treats are dehydrated over a long period, allowing this treat to be shelf-stable for years without the need for harmful preservatives.
There are a few ways you can give your dog pork liver:
- Dehydrated, plain pork liver, treat your dog small pieces of plain pork live as a treat. Just be sure to remove any bones, as they can be a choking hazard.
- Freeze-dried pork liver: Freeze-dried pork liver treats are convenient, but they can be expensive. Just be sure to read the ingredient list to ensure the treat does not contain any toxic ingredients for dogs, such as grapes or raisins.
- Mixed into food: You can mix small pieces of cooked pork liver into your dog’s regular food as a nutritious addition.
As with any new food, it’s a good idea to slowly introduce pork liver to your dog’s diet and observe any changes in behaviour or digestion. If your dog experiences any adverse reactions, stop feeding them pork liver and consult with a veterinarian.
What are dehydrated dog treats?
Dehydrated dog treats are treats that have been dried to remove the moisture content. This process can preserve the treats for a longer period of time and make them easier to transport. Dehydrated treats are typically made from meats, fruits, or vegetables and are usually free of additives and preservatives.
There are several benefits to feeding your dog dehydrated treats:
- They are convenient: Dehydrated treats are easy to take when travelling or on the go.
- They are easy to store: Dehydrated treats have a long shelf life and can be stored in a cool, dry place.
- They are typically healthier: Dehydrated treats are often made from whole, natural ingredients and do not contain any additives or preservatives.
- They can be used as training treats: Because dehydrated treats are small and easy to break into smaller pieces, they are often used as training treats.
It’s important to remember that treats should only be given to dogs in moderation, as they are high in calories and can contribute to obesity if fed in excess. It’s a good idea to speak with a veterinarian or a pet nutritionist before making any changes to your dog’s diet.
About our process
All of our kangaroo dog treats are processed in our CFIA-certified facility. All of our fish and meats are human-grade. All of our treats are one ingredient. We use no fillers, artificial flavours or preservatives. We have a variety of single-ingredient treats.Be sure to check out these other Great Canadian products.