Dog food toppers are perfect for dogs that are picky eaters, as they can help stimulate your dog’s appetite. We have various flavors, including exotic ones, which can be beneficial to dogs with allergies. Our dog toppers are all made with one ingredient and contain no other added ingredients, artificial flavors or preservatives.
What are food toppers?
Food toppers, sometimes referred to as food enhancers, usually come in a bottle similar to a spice bottle but can also be in other forms of packaging. Dry dog food toppers are typically grounded to a fine powder making it easy to sprinkle on wet or dry dog food. They come in freeze-dried, air-dried or dehydrated forms. Dog food toppers can also be looked at as a treat.
There are several food enhancers that you can use to add flavor and nutrition to your dog’s diet. Here are a few options:
- Meat broth or bouillon: This can be added to your dog’s food to provide a savory flavor boost.
- Pumpkin puree: Pumpkin is a good source of fiber and can help with digestion.
- Cooked eggs: Eggs are a good source of protein and can be scrambled and mixed into your dog’s food.
- Sardines: These are a good source of omega-3 fatty acids and can be mashed and mixed into your dog’s food.
- Peanut butter: Peanut butter can be a tasty treat for dogs, but make sure to choose a brand that does not contain xylitol, which is toxic to dogs.
It’s important to note that food enhancers should only be used in small amounts and should not replace your dog’s regular meals. Consult with a veterinarian or a pet nutritionist before making any changes to your dog’s diet.
About our process
All of our kangaroo dog treats are processed in our CFIA-certified facility. All of our fish and meats are human-grade. All of our treats are one ingredient. We use no fillers, artificial flavours or preservatives. We have a variety of single-ingredient. Be sure to check out these other Great Canadian products.